Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Uncle Andrew was just as enthralled with the witch, Jadis, from Charn. He did anything she wanted, but still he was only a pawn in her game. She certainly took advantage of him. I can't imagine what she did while they were out around town. It is clear why Aunt Letty did not approve of her. It is interesting to think that her clothes did not match those in England at the time. It is a shame that Digory released Jadis into Narnia and thus spoiled the land.

What I was struck by as Jadis, Andrew, the cabby, Strawberry, Digory, and Polly were in Narnia was that Andrew and Jadis wanted a gun to shoot the lion. I don’t understand how anyone could think of killing a singing beast except that Andrew only heard roars.

Aslan’s singing and brining Narnia into being reminded me of our world’s creation story when God called our world into being. I wonder if everything happened all at once or if the lights appeared one at a time. A sudden appearing might explain the big bang theory. It is also interesting to think of how the animals might have come into being. In Narnia, the animals sort of grew out of lumps in the ground. The trees and plants just grew up out of the ground on their own. I wonder how God created the animals in our world.

It is a shame that Digory spoiled Narnia by brining Jadis into it. I wonder how Aslan will have him make up for what he did. Aparently on of the human race will save Narnia. I have a feeling that Strawberry, the talking horse, will play a part in something that Digory will be required to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment